Did Harry and Meghan’s SussexRoyal account delete negative comments?2 min read

0
41

Gagged by the royal refuseniks: Furious Instagram users accuse Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s SussexRoyal account of removing negative remarks in response to their announcement

  • Social media users tell Harry and Meghan to ‘grow up’ after posts disappeared
  • Others claim removal of critical views on Instagram is a ‘sign of what’s coming’
  • Couple said last night on Instagram that they plan to ‘step back’ as senior royals 
  • They did not consult the Queen or Prince Charles about contents of statement

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were today accused of deleting criticism on their Instagram page about their decision to step down as senior royals.

Check this out  ‘I’m GLAD he’s dead – burn in hell’ says estranged wife of Jeremy Kyle guest who ‘killed himself’

Social media users told Prince Harry and Meghan to ‘grow up’, while others said their team removing unsupportive views was a ‘sign of what’s coming’.

It comes after the couple issued a bombshell statement that they plan to ‘step back’ as senior royals and divide their time between the UK and North America.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex issued a bombshell statement on Instagram saying they plan to "step back" as senior royals and divide their time between the UK and North America

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex issued a bombshell statement on Instagram saying they plan to ‘step back’ as senior royals and divide their time between the UK and North America

The Duke and Duchess did not consult the Queen or the Prince of Wales about the contents of the statement before issuing it on Instagram last night.

Check this out  YouTube says new policy could result in more blocked content'for videos containing copyrighted music

They have attracted widespread criticism on social media, but some Instagram users claimed their negative comments had been deleted from the page.

One, vjudge007, said: ‘Why have my comments been deleted? I wasn’t rude or offensive. You decided to use social media to make this announcement and then decide you’ll only listen to what you want to hear – grow up.’

Another, ellebee123123, added: ‘Mine too… but most of comments are negative so they mustn’t be able to keep up the deleting.’

Prince Harry and Meghan are pictured during a visit to Canada House in London on Tuesday

Prince Harry and Meghan are pictured during a visit to Canada House in London on Tuesday

A third, hcryland, said: ‘No need to delete my comment or others. If you choose this forum to place this announcement in this manner, criticism and praise is to be expected. Grow up.’

Check this out  Russia says it has removed most it's troops from Venezuela a month after violent clashes broke out

But others came to the royal couple’s defence, with cryan_ryan78 telling a critic: ‘Would you keep negative posts random strangers wrote on your post?’ 

In March 2019 it was announced Harry and Meghan would split their household from Kensington Palace, setting up their own at Buckingham Palace with a separate head of communications and a new Instagram presence, SussexRoyal. 

The message about their future plans was posted on the couple’s official Instagram page and referred readers to a website, sussexroyal.com, for information. 

A spokesman for the Duke and Duchess was contacted for comment by MailOnline.

Advertisement