Man, 20, dies after he was mowed down by £60,000 BMW3 min read

0
18

Man, 20, dies after he was mowed down by £60,000 BMW following a ‘mass brawl’ on Brighton seafront as police launch murder probe

  • A man has died after being mowed down by a £60,000 BMW after a ‘mass brawl’ 
  • Police said the man, 20, suffered serious head injuries on the Brighton seafront
  • Officers were called to reports of a brawl in the early hours of Monday morning
  • The victim, from Crawley, West Sussex, was declared dead at the scene while two other victims – both men, aged 18 and 22 – remain in a serious condition 

A man has died after he was allegedly mowed down by a £60,000 BMW following a mass brawl on the Brighton seafront.

Police said the 20-year-old suffered serious head injuries after he and two others were hit by the BMW X6 –  a 4×4 weighing more than 2.3 tonnes – in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Check this out  Victorian London in colour: Fascinating photos bring the city to life

Officers were called to the Brighton seafront in the early hours of Monday morning following  reports of a large group of people brawling.

Police said the 20-year-old suffered serious head injuries after he and two others were hit by the BMW X6 - a 4x4 weighing more than 2.3 tonnes - in the early hours of Sunday morning

Police said the 20-year-old suffered serious head injuries after he and two others were hit by the BMW X6 – a 4×4 weighing more than 2.3 tonnes – in the early hours of Sunday morning

The aftermath of the crash in pictured

The aftermath of the crash in pictured

Police said the 20-year-old suffered serious head injuries after he and two others were hit by the BMW X6 – a 4×4 weighing more than 2.3 tonnes – in the early hours of Sunday morning  (the aftermath of the crash in pictured)

There they found three of the group had been struck by the BMW, which was found abandoned a short while later.

Check this out  NHS staff in £214million fraud: Crooked GPs and dentists are scamming health service

The victim, from Crawley, West Sussex, was declared dead at the scene while two other victims – both men, aged 18 and 22 – remain in a serious condition.

A 33-year-old man who was detained on suspicion of attempted murder on Monday morning remains in custody, while a 32-year-old man arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm was released under investigation.  

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Friday of the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team said: ‘Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim who has sadly died this evening and with those of the other two victims who are in serious condition in hospital.

A 32-year-old man has been arrested after a car hit three people during an alleged fight

A 32-year-old man has been arrested after a car hit three people during an alleged fight

‘This is now a murder investigation and we are again appealing for anyone who may have seen the incident or has any information about it to come forward.

‘We are particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have mobile phone footage, dashcam footage or anyone with private CCTV footage of the incident.

‘Marine Parade is likely to remain closed between the pier roundabout and Camelford Street until Tuesday afternoon while we are continuing searches and carrying out enquiries and I would like to thank the public for their patience.

Advertisement