Meghan Markle broke cover for the first time on Tuesday leaving the palatial $14million Canadian home where she has been holed up for since Friday.
The Duchess of Sussex sped 22 miles from the Vancouver Island oceanside mansion to Victoria Harbour Airport where she boarded a seaplane for the mainland.
Eight-month-old son Archie was nowhere to be seen and Meghan, accompanied by members of her security detail, did not appear to take luggage with her as she flew to Vancouver.
Meghan pulled a fur-lined hood over her head and wore knee-high brown boots to protect herself from snow flurries as she boarded the plane.
It is the first time she has been positively spotted since she flew back to British Columbia last week, although there have been unconfirmed reports of her driving into the nearby town of Sidney by the Sea and going to Victoria International Airport.
Meghan Markle was spotted Tuesday leaving the $14million Vancouver Island home where she and Prince Harry stayed over the holidays with Archie. She has been staying in the mansion since Friday, but Archie was nowhere to be seen Tuesday
The Duchess pulled a fur-lined hood over her head and wore knee-high brown boots as she boarded a small seaplane to head to the mainland. She was accompanied by members of her security detail did not appear to take luggage
This is the Duchess of Sussex’s first sighting since news of ‘Megxit’ broke last week. She was seen boarding a small seaplane from Victoria Harbour Airport to the mainland
The Duchess opted to recycle her wardrobe, wearing a $399 Barbour coat, first worn by her in March 2017 and paired it with a $195 Cuyana bag she wore to Wimbledon in June 2019. She paired it with Le Chameau boots retailing for $493.36
Meghan was expected to phone into discussions between Harry, the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William on Monday but in the end left it all to her husband to finalize the details
The Duchess of Sussex sped 22 miles from the Vancouver Island oceanside mansion to Victoria Harbour Airport where she boarded a Whistler Air seaplane for the mainland
Meghan jetted back to Canada after just three days in the UK to reunite with Archie, who she left in the care of a nanny and best friend Jessica Mulroney
She made her move as the Canadian Navy moored a vessel just a quarter mile out to sea off Mille Fleurs, the home she has been staying in since she hurriedly left London.
The coastal defense vessel Brandon moved into place in Patricia Bay on Monday.
But Canadian Navy spokeswoman Lt. Chelsea Dubeau said the mooring so close to Meghan’s temporary home was ‘co-incidence,’ and the Brandon, she said, was in the middle of sea trials.
‘Sometimes during sea trials they moor to conduct exercises on board, either on or around the ship,’ Dubeau told DailyMail.com.
The Duchess opted to recycle her wardrobe, wearing a $399 Barbour coat, first worn by her in March 2017 and paired it with a $195 Cuyana bag she wore to Wimbledon in June 2019. She paired it with Le Chameau boots retailing for $493.36.
Meghan has been holed up in Mille Fleurs since Friday after leaving husband Prince Harry in Britain to work out the terms for them quitting as senior members of the Royal Family.
She was expected to phone into discussions between Harry, the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William on Monday but in the end left it all to her husband to finalize the details.
Harry is due to fly back to Canada — where the couple stayed for six weeks in December and the New Year — later this week when the couple will start out on their new life. His last royal duty will be to appear at the draw for the Rugby League World Cup at Buckingham Palace on Thursday.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spent their first Christmas with baby Archie in Mille Fleurs, $14.1 million waterfront mansion near Victoria, British Columbia. She has been staying there since Friday
The Canadian Navy moored vessel HMCS Brandon just a quarter mile out to sea from the mansion which is owned by a mystery billionaire who refuses to be identified
The coastal defense vessel Brandon moved into place in Patricia Bay on Monday, near the home where Meghan has been staying since Friday
Prince Harry is due to fly back to Canada later this week when the couple will start out on their new life after his talks with the Queen to negotiate the terms of their new roles within the royal family
The Duchess of Sussex today denied she was barred from ‘dialing in’ to the landmark Sandringham summit from Canada as senior royals discussed her stepping down from the Royal Family with Prince Harry.
The couple’s Kensington Palace spokesman insisted Meghan was not shut out of the discussion and just left it to her husband, saying: ‘In the end, the Sussexes decided that it wasn’t necessary for the Duchess to join’.
It comes as the Sussex team continues to negotiate an abdication deal on money, titles and establishing their international commercial brand.
Meanwhile it was also revealed that the Queen allowed Harry and Meghan to quit as senior Royals following a private heart-to-heart with her grandson at yesterday’s crisis summit.
After a family meeting at Sandringham, Her Majesty released a historic and emotionally-charged statement regretting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s decision to split their time between Canada and the UK as they wind down their Royal duties.
The Queen (pictured attending church at Sandringham on Sunday), made clear her deep disappointment at Harry and Meghan’s decision to quit in a statement released yesterday
The Queen’s statement in full Monday evening after a day of showdown talks to decide the futures of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
The ownership of Mille Fleurs, which is hidden from view on a promontory overlooking Patricia Bay, is still clouded in mystery.
Five neighbors, a former colleague of the realtor who last sold the mansion, and a friend of the former owner all told DailyMail.com the current owner is a Russian businessman. Some said he is a billionaire.
Meghan and Harry were introduced to the mystery owner by David Foster, a friend of the owner. Foster’s wife Katherine McPhee was a school friend of the Duchess of Sussex.
And the multi-millionaire has also declined to identify himself voluntarily ahead of new legislation in the Canadian province which will make it compulsory for the owners of properties to be publicly named.
A realtor involved in the 2014 sale of the home said it was bought by a billionaire who is neither Canadian nor or American for $18 million CAD – $14 million. The buyer’s identity was subject to a non-disclosure agreement, the realtor, who declined to be named, said.
The association of the royal couple with a multi-millionaire – or possibly even a Russian billionaire – who masks his identity comes as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex find themselves apparently at war with their own family over their decision to move to North America and ‘move towards’ financial independence.
An association with someone who goes to extraordinary lengths to hide their identity will raise questions over judgment as they pursue earning opportunities in their attempt to ‘work towards financial independence.’