Nora Quoirin’s mother insists her daughter WAS abducted as she tells how she yelled out ‘No!’ in disbelief when the vulnerable 15-year-old’s body was found in Malaysian jungle
- Meabh and Sebastien insisted that Nora would not have wandered off alone
- Nora’s body discovered after massive hunt through dense Malaysian rainforest
- Mrs Quoirin said they ‘had to face the inevitable’ when heard the tragic news
Nora Quoirin’s devastated mother Meabh told how she cried ‘no’ when she was told her 15-year-old’s unclothed body was discovered in the in the Malaysian rainforest
Nora Quoirin’s devastated mother told how she cried ‘no’ when the 15-year-old’s unclothed body was discovered in a Malaysian jungle.
Meabh Quoirin and her husband Sebastien insisted that their daughter – who had learning difficulties – would not have wandered off alone so had to have been abducted.
Nora’s body was discovered in August after a massive hunt through dense rainforest, not far from the Dusan Resort, where the London-based family had been on holiday.
In her first interview Mrs Quoirin told RTE’s The Late Late Show: ‘Immediately we knew. I can still hear myself screaming “no” at the police officers, but we had to face the inevitable.’
Talking about the moment he realised Nora was gone, Mr Quoirin said: ‘I looked at the bed, Nora was missing and I could feel it in my bones.
‘You cannot underestimate the parental instinct.’
Mrs Quoirin added: ‘We believe she was abducted and kept in the jungle for the time she was missing.’
Mrs Quoirin and her husband Sebastien insisted that their daughter – who had learning difficulties – would not have wandered off alone. Pictured: Nora’s parents making an appeal to find her
Earlier this month Malaysia’s Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) classed the inquest as ‘no further action’.
But Mr and Mrs Quoirin believe there was a ‘criminal element’ in the case as the teen would not have wandered off alone, but Malaysian police insist there was no sign of foul play.
The couple ‘strongly refute’ the police report that says Nora, who had ‘significant physical and mental challenges’, was alone for the duration of her disappearance.
In her first interview Mrs Quoirin told RTE’s The Late Late Show: ‘Immediately we knew. I can still hear myself screaming “no” at the police officers, but we had to face the inevitable.’ Pictured: Nora
They also said the police have refused to turn over a full account of the post-mortem, according to the Mirror.
In a written statement released by the Lucie Blackman Trust, the Quoirins said that they are ‘shocked by the decision’ made by the coroner’s office.
They said they received an incomplete explanation from the pathologist who confirmed the ’cause of death as gastrointestinal bleeding and an ulcer (likely brought on by starvation and/or stress).’
They allege that the decision to discontinue the case ‘prevents justice from being done’.
The teen disappeared on August 4, a day after arriving at the Dusun, triggering a 10-day hunt involving hundreds of people, helicopters and sniffer dogs.
The results of an autopsy found she likely starved and died of internal bleeding, with police saying there was no indication she was abducted or sexually assaulted.